Fish help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a 75 gallon reef tank with no corals yet because it's only 2 months old.

But anyways i keep changing my fish list cause I can't decide what I want.

What is your favorite saltwater reef fish?

I have a pair of clowns and a sailfin blenny

Attachments

• image-340633315.jpg
    image-340633315.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 76
I would get a kole tang 3 blue chromis and a skunk cleaner to add to yours

But ya kole tang is a possibility. I have no clue though lol

I wanna make sure it is all perfect!!

Ok so u should get the fish i said and mabey an easy coral(or another)i think that would work great-cheap,hardy,good looking,big personalities,and also usually stay were u can c em

One of my favourite reef fish are leopard wrass and royal gramma if you are looking for any bigger fish I would recommend the following: fireback angelfish, bicolored angelfish, flame angelfish, pacific yellow tang, sail fin tang and the twinspot wrass.
All the fish above are able to be added to your system with out harming your existing fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright very cool I will have to look into those

Here is our list of inhabitants. Love them all.

Kole Yellow Eye Tang
6 Line Wrasse
3 Blue/Green Chromis
2 Clowns
1 Fire Shrimp
3 Emerald Crab
CUC

Will be adding a Diamond Goby in the next couple of weeks.
There are other fish I would love to have but with the size limits of my tank I am very happy with what we choose. They all get a long and lots of action in the tank.

Ya I really need to go back through a list of fish and see what strikes me again

Ok here is my list. The inverts I'm doing for sure but the fish are just some that I like and still filtering through

6 sexy shrimp

1 blood red

1 skunk

1 pom pom crab

1 blue tuxedo

Fish

I have:

2 black occ clowns

1 sailfin blenny

My list of maybes is:

Golden angelfish

Potters angel

Yellow coris wrasse

2 neon gobies

Two spot goby (pair)

Purple queen anthias

Ventralis anthias

Long hawkfish

Sprineri dottyback

You do know how itty bitty the sexy shrimp are right? I decided against them in my 20g because of their size.

Not sure about the anthias, if you can have two in a single tank. I;ve also been learning that multiple angels is a no no so you might have to choose one.
:)

Good selection of fish though, I'm a big anthias and hawkfish fan myself. lol

Oh no those two are what I'm deciding between I'm not sure what anthias I want yet. Or what angel I want.

And ya I know I just love the sexy shrimp so much I have to at least put them in there

I really want to do a pipefish any suggestions on that

I know they need copepods. But do they need nearly as many as mandarins

Anthias are schooling fish. Although I have seen them kept singly, my experience with them was not stellar in singles. They appear to be better off in a school, but a school will require a lot of space in your tank.

As to the angels, I'd go with the Potter's, mainly because of price. (Neither the golden or the Potter's are low-end for dwarf angels.) I also really like the Potter's on a personal note.

I don't have any experience with pipefish, but my impression is that they need to be in almost a species tank with other pipefish and seahorses. I can't imagine that they compete very well with all those others for food.

You's also have to be careful about the hawkfish with the shrimp as they tend to like them - for lunch. The longnose hawk is supposedly a little less prone to going after them.

I've read that dottybacks are also often aggressive towards similarly shaped fish, so if you add one, put it in after your gobies are established. I think most wrasses can hold their own against them though. A less agressive and cheaper alternative is a royal gramma, although they will drive away similarly shaped fish. In my experience they don't really chase like I've heard that a dottyback will. Once the intruder is away from the gramma's hideyhole, they chill out.

O wow awesome thank you very much for all the info! Very helpful.

But ya sadly the angels are on the pricey end but oh well ha of course those are the ones I like.

And ya I'm going to make sure all of my inverts are very very well established no more fish are going in there until I get the rest of my inverts. Unless I can find a mated pair of twinspot gobies but that will be it for now.

Again thank you for your input

Ok this is what I've dwindled it down to.
just not sure what angel I'm going to do

Golden angelfish

Potters angel

Yellow coris wrasse

2 neon gobies

Two spot goby (mated pair)

Purple queen anthias

Long hawkfish

Sprineri dottyback

Back
Top Bottom