Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozorowsky

The corals don't pop out in the picture on my cell phone, I guess if I really played with the settings I could make them appear more; they are mostly smaller right now cuz I bought the $10 and $20 frags, so as they grow I've positioned them to look nice.

What do you think of a lemon merengue wrasse?

And YES it is a diamond watchman goby! Good call
LOL as soon as I am ready I'm totally gonna raid the $20-$30 section at my LFS, maybe order from Atlantic Sea Farms since shipping is only $20 and they have really cheap beginner corals.

Just googled the LMW. They are REALLY cool looking! Where did you hear about them? It said that they are coral safe, but may eat small invertebrates, just a warning

Thanks about the goby! I saw one on YouTube and said "I have to own this" LOL. Plus my rock scape is perfect for one, since I have a bunch of low crannies. I have seen my BG Chromis dart out of them it's hilarious.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would get a neon goby, but it would just become a future meal for my future hawkfish

Old 09-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenturtle View Post
I would get a neon goby, but it would just become a future meal for my future hawkfish
OHHHH the neon goby looks NICE! That won't have an issue with the other gobies I have?

I saw the wrasse at random at my LFS; I might go pick it up tonight. The only small inverts I have are the blue hermits and a few turbo snails, but none of them are super small.

You thank the Lemon Wrasse and neon goby are nocturnal and will swim around at night? My tank looks EMPTY at night; ALL my fish hide in the rocks lol

And the corals all glow neon looking, it would be awesome to have like a neon party going on at night.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

The neon gobies are VERY small, thats my only concern. Same reason I'm not getting a green clown goby. I would either never see them or they would get eaten by the longnose hawkfish. I would do a TON of research on the LMW. Just in case
Old 09-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

You're lucky OZO, I can't get my fish to come out during the day! (other than feeding time)
Old 09-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF View Post
You're lucky OZO, I can't get my fish to come out during the day! (other than feeding time)
How long has your tank been established. I'm sure there's a reason for it; Lights too bright maybe? I'm sure someone with experience can chime in. All of my fish come out searching for food all day long and then as halides go off actinics stay on they sink down a little then when lunars are on they are GONE lol.

If you look at the pic I posted you can see most of my fish there, but at night it looks empty other than teh beautiful glowing corals.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I'm not too worried just yet, I work 2nd shift, and I have a feeling that they are out all day. Just seems whenever I come around they come and say hi for about 5 minutes and then go behind the rocks...

I'm sure I'm just crazy.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF View Post
Well, I'm not too worried just yet, I work 2nd shift, and I have a feeling that they are out all day. Just seems whenever I come around they come and say hi for about 5 minutes and then go behind the rocks...

I'm sure I'm just crazy.
I bet thats it; just pure bad luck on the timing.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

I kept a hawk and a goby together for over a year in my 75...
they were buds actually..i love hawk fish
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1558hawkgoby.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	49920  
FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

also, with my current stock list do you thikn a puffer would do ok in my tank?

Tags
fish ideas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com