Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

every invert will be wiped out

FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTMMWS View Post
every invert will be wiped out
bah! Can you think of any good additions to my list? I'm addicted to buying fish and corals lol I love collecting 'em.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

IDK,you actually have a good stock now..125's seem big ,but really aren't that big (something i'm learning now)..if you did buy another fish i would stick with a smaller one,.Maybe a royal gramma or some sort of dottyback,but i probably wouldn't add anymore fish.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTMMWS View Post
IDK,you actually have a good stock now..125's seem big ,but really aren't that big (something i'm learning now)..if you did buy another fish i would stick with a smaller one,.Maybe a royal gramma or some sort of dottyback,but i probably wouldn't add anymore fish.
THey say 1" per gallon is allowable right?

I definitely wanna find some linkia star fish, but they seem impossible to find around here for now.

I also surely wanna find some fish that will come out at night, and am open to the idea of a few more colorful fish with personality.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozorowsky View Post
THey say 1" per gallon is allowable right?

I definitely wanna find some linkia star fish, but they seem impossible to find around here for now.

I also surely wanna find some fish that will come out at night, and am open to the idea of a few more colorful fish with personality.
Personally i think this is one of the weirdest and dumbest things I've ever heard of(not saying it directly to you,just in general)....Also,I think it may pertain more to freshwater...saltwater is a whole different set of rules...IMO your maxed out on fish
Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

According to some of the experts on this forum the 1" rule is bs. It used to be more for FW, but even FW peeps say that 1" rule is dead.

Mr. X has stated multiple times that there is no actual rule, its more about bio-load, visual appeal, "Where in the tank?"

He actually stated multiple times that if there was a rule it would be 1" of fish to every 5 gallons of water. So for me with my 54 gallon - I basically can do 11" of total fish length.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Impressive that you kept the hawkfish with it. I'm going for a longnose. The say they will sometimes nibble on 1.25 inch fish or smaller if they get hungry.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenturtle View Post
Impressive that you kept the hawkfish with it. I'm going for a longnose. The say they will sometimes nibble on 1.25 inch fish or smaller if they get hungry.
Thanks,
Made sure my hawk had a chunk of shrimp and scallop everyday..he was fat and happy
Old 09-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

I kind of want a yellow watchman goby, but there are a few reasons I'm not getting one...

1. I'm already getting a Diamond Watchman, and they might fight

2. I'm getting a Midas Blenny, and I think they might fight since they look so similar colored.

3. I have enough going on on my sandbed (the goby, hawkfish, hermits, sixline wrasse, et c.)

4. All hawkfish have different personalities. Kind of like dwarf angels being reef safe, it's not 100%. And I'm not giving up my hawk LOL
Old 09-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenturtle View Post
I kind of want a yellow watchman goby, but there are a few reasons I'm not getting one...

1. I'm already getting a Diamond Watchman, and they might fight

2. I'm getting a Midas Blenny, and I think they might fight since they look so similar colored.

3. I have enough going on on my sandbed (the goby, hawkfish, hermits, sixline wrasse, et c.)

4. All hawkfish have different personalities. Kind of like dwarf angels being reef safe, it's not 100%. And I'm not giving up my hawk LOL
+1 to that,nothing in the hobby is..

Tags
fish ideas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com