Fish ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IDK,you actually have a good stock now..125's seem big ,but really aren't that big (something i'm learning now:lol:)..if you did buy another fish i would stick with a smaller one,.Maybe a royal gramma or some sort of dottyback,but i probably wouldn't add anymore fish.

IDK,you actually have a good stock now..125's seem big ,but really aren't that big (something i'm learning now:lol:)..if you did buy another fish i would stick with a smaller one,.Maybe a royal gramma or some sort of dottyback,but i probably wouldn't add anymore fish.

THey say 1" per gallon is allowable right?

I definitely wanna find some linkia star fish, but they seem impossible to find around here for now.

I also surely wanna find some fish that will come out at night, and am open to the idea of a few more colorful fish with personality.

THey say 1" per gallon is allowable right?

I definitely wanna find some linkia star fish, but they seem impossible to find around here for now.

I also surely wanna find some fish that will come out at night, and am open to the idea of a few more colorful fish with personality.
Personally i think this is one of the weirdest and dumbest things I've ever heard of(not saying it directly to you,just in general)....Also,I think it may pertain more to freshwater...saltwater is a whole different set of rules...IMO your maxed out on fish

According to some of the experts on this forum the 1" rule is bs. It used to be more for FW, but even FW peeps say that 1" rule is dead.

Mr. X has stated multiple times that there is no actual rule, its more about bio-load, visual appeal, "Where in the tank?"

He actually stated multiple times that if there was a rule it would be 1" of fish to every 5 gallons of water. So for me with my 54 gallon - I basically can do 11" of total fish length.

Impressive that you kept the hawkfish with it. I'm going for a longnose. The say they will sometimes nibble on 1.25 inch fish or smaller if they get hungry.

Impressive that you kept the hawkfish with it. I'm going for a longnose. The say they will sometimes nibble on 1.25 inch fish or smaller if they get hungry.
Thanks,
Made sure my hawk had a chunk of shrimp and scallop everyday..he was fat and happy

I kind of want a yellow watchman goby, but there are a few reasons I'm not getting one...

1. I'm already getting a Diamond Watchman, and they might fight

2. I'm getting a Midas Blenny, and I think they might fight since they look so similar colored.

3. I have enough going on on my sandbed (the goby, hawkfish, hermits, sixline wrasse, et c.)

4. All hawkfish have different personalities. Kind of like dwarf angels being reef safe, it's not 100%. And I'm not giving up my hawk LOL

I kind of want a yellow watchman goby, but there are a few reasons I'm not getting one...

1. I'm already getting a Diamond Watchman, and they might fight

2. I'm getting a Midas Blenny, and I think they might fight since they look so similar colored.

3. I have enough going on on my sandbed (the goby, hawkfish, hermits, sixline wrasse, et c.)

4. All hawkfish have different personalities. Kind of like dwarf angels being reef safe, it's not 100%. And I'm not giving up my hawk LOL

+1 to that(y),nothing in the hobby is..

A fish's temperament can literally go from peaceful to destructive overnight. Especially dwarf angels.

My Humu Humu went from perfect community fish for 2+ years, to killer of any new additions ..he has killed 3

Back
Top Bottom