Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99
First was that a typo on the salinity? Did you mean 1.023-1.024 or is it really 1.23-1.24? Should be around 1.025-1.026. If it is as you typed it, that is what is killing the fish. If it was a typo, I don't think that it is the killer but from what I have learned it should be a bit higher.

Any marks on the fish after they die? If it were a critter getting them I would suspect torn fins, red gills, something like that. What test kits are you using? I use API but after buying them I found out they are not the best. Could be you think you have good readings but something isn't test right. Have you matched your readings by one done by a LFS out of the same water sample?
Yes it was a typeo I meant 1.023-1.024
And yes all three green chromis were half eaten or cut up but my goby was half under the rock when I found but there was room for him to move

And Im using same API and this other kind to differnt types but I get the same result I aslo took it to lfs a few days ago and got the same reading the only thing that was a little low was my caluium But it's rises sense and thxs

Old 10-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

What type of live rock did you get?? Possibly Florida live rock?? They get mantis shrimp - I know, I got two. And they will kill your fish.

Just a possibility.

30g FOWLR Tank
8g Mantis Shrimp Tank
all4wheels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

this sand thing you mentioned, can we have details of how it moved, where in the tank (near the rock or open sand) it often moved in and any ideas on apearance/size?
was in like matis movement or fast worm or mini bug... i have nothing to work with here :P xx
Old 10-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Got most Fiji live rock and I think tunga or bunga live rock and I have thread on the moving it moves in big clumps and I spread it all back I'll be back on after this weekend thanksgiving
Old 10-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just about to leave but I found a few britles worms and they preety big It could be a fire worm if that could kill them
Old 10-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #16
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

How about taking a water sample to a LFS and double check your results. It could also be where you are getting your fish at.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's what I was thinking I went to a new place this time and got alot things cause it was cheap and to far away to to come back to
Old 10-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

could have been the bristleworms, they can be nasty apparantly, but dont think that will be the end of...... live rock can be host to many terrors and they could be the nice guys lol.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

bristleworms are not going to eat living fish. but clearly you mentioned the chromis were half eaten, how long before you found them. did they die and clean up crew got to them? or were they dead because they were attacked
Old 10-15-2011, 12:20 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis
bristleworms are not going to eat living fish. but clearly you mentioned the chromis were half eaten, how long before you found them. did they die and clean up crew got to them? or were they dead because they were attacked
I found one an hour after it's been missing and the two about 6-12 hours after they went missing

Tags
die, dieing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com