fish list for my 100g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishking22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to have a reef tank once I get the money. And I want a lot of fish. I plan on about only 100 lbs of live rock. I have a lot of fish in my mind but I know a lot aren't compatible or there is too much. But I want some help from smart people on how to still have a bunch of these fish left. Please tell me ones that are too hard, aggressive, or not reef safe. Here is the list:

Collins Angel
Flame Angel
Royal Gramma
Red Lizard Blenny
Copperband Butterfly ( will add after I have had fish for over a year )
Yellow Longnose Butterfly
Bangaii Cardinal
5-6 Bluie green Chromis
Breeding pair of ocellaris clowns
Yellowtail Damsel
Purple firefish Goby
green mandarin goby( after long time...)
Blue Spot Jawfish
Yellow Tang
Blue Hippo Tang
McCoskers Flasher Wrasse
Harlequin Tusk Wrasse
Panda Goby
Scissortail Goby
Yellow Rose Shrimp Goby

- and I know all of these won't go together, but I want to keep as much of these as possible without overcrowding. Thanks-

Nevermind I read this wrong. That's a lot of critters. You would need to upgrade to something bigger if you even had half that.

Not enough LR and too many fish. Honestly copperbandeds are really hard to keep and I also question the point of keeping a mandarin at all. The systems that they need to survive in need to be huge and the fish itself is only about 2 inches long. You'd never see it. You also have too many large fish and damselfish. Damsels are really agressive and once you put a few in the tank they're never coming out unless you break the whole tank apart.

That is some list! LOL I have to agree with the above, you have picked like every fish out there hehehe....

Some of them would be ok, like half the list. too many gobies also.
:-D

Good luck let us know what you decide on

I said I know that was too much! I wanted to know which ones to take off. I want to have a lot of fish, I just wanted to know which ones to take off that will still leave me with a bunch?

I said I know that was too much! I wanted to know which ones to take off. I want to have a lot of fish, I just wanted to know which ones to take off that will still leave me with a bunch?

thats the way i read it too lol

x1 Collins Angel or Flame Angel (your personal preference)
x1 Red Lizard Blenny - not familiar with
x1 Copperband Butterfly - hardier than most expect
x2 Bangaii Cardinal - why not a pair :)
x5-6 Blue green Chromis
x1 ocellaris clowns (pair)
x1 Purple firefish Goby
x1 Blue Spot Jawfish
x4 McCoskers Flasher Wrasse (1 male, 3 female)
x1 Yellow Rose Shrimp Goby - might not get along with lizard blenny

That'd be my list of your list lol

My problem with the butterfly is not so much it being fragile but it nipping on featherdusters/anemones/etc depending on what you want in your reef tank.

Everywhere has said that the BHT needs atleast a 100g. And it has to be long. Which I have. But why would it need a bugger tank? Too many other fish already? And I looked up about longnose B nipping, I don't think I want one anymore, thanks.

How long is the tank? I believe the recommendation is for at least a 6' long tank. Unless skinny and shallow I didn't think they made a 100g tank that was 6' long, more like 4 or possibly 5.

Also, I don't know where you read that they are OK in 100g. Most places I've seen said at least 125 or 150, which are 6' long tanks.

Back
Top Bottom