Fish list help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is my fish list for my 75 reef i am setting up. Let me know what you think!

Yellow coris wrasse

Eiblii angel

Dragon goby

Two spot hog

2 neon gobies

Purple queen anthias

Kole tang (maybe)

3 Green chromis (starters)

Pure ammonia. It makes the cycle go quicker and you don't have to waste money by making a fish suffer through a cycle.

That's what ive heard. Plus I'll have love rock in there so that starts the cycle too right?

Ya that was the plan to buy all aquacultured live rock

you dont need to buy all live rock...id go with 5-10 lbs of live and the rest with base...its cheaper and still has the same affect;)

Ok so I'll just do live rock to cycle the tank though?

So you just buy raw shrimp from the store. Ha sorry I can cycle a freshwater tank but never done saltwater

hiltymj said:
Ok so I'll just do live rock to cycle the tank though?

If you use a LR and non-LR mix. It will all become live after time. But be sure you use LR as your base to cycle.

hiltymj said:
So you just buy raw shrimp from the store. Ha sorry I can cycle a freshwater tank but never done saltwater

Yes.. You can buy a bag of around 2lbs uncooked shrimp from Walmart for around $5. I use the rest for feeding. Mixing it with mysis, vitamins, and a few other things to make on heck of a messy smelly paste form of food. My guys love it. Just be sure it's uncooked..

Yeppers just throw it In and watch the ammo rise :)

Back
Top Bottom