Fish list - need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lurker

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone! I was hoping to get some help on my fish list for a 100 gal. Fowler. Specs are as follows: 135 lbs of live rock, 2 ½ in sandbed, ASM G-2 Skimmer (Euroreef clone rated for 200 gal aquariums) 20 gallon sump 1100 gph return pump with SCWD, 2 maxijet 900 powerheads. I am also planning on having cleanup crew type critters such as crabs, stars, snails and shrimp.

I know I can’t have anywhere near the amount of fish I’ve listed, but, if I could get some input on any combinations that would work well (and any that won’t) It would be a great help. I was also wondering if any of the ones I have listed are better suited for a reef tank (I have heard some species such as Mandarins thrive much better in a reef environment). If they are not going to do well in a Fowler then I don’t want to add them to my tank. I have listed the ones that I would like to have the most first down to the last. So PLEASE fire away with any suggestions you have. And Thanx for your help!!

1 Angel - Lemonpeel Angel 5.5 in / Flame Angel 3.9 in / or Coral Beauty 3.9 in
2 False Percula 3.5 in

1 Surgeonfish - Kole’s, Tang 7.1 in / Yellow Tang 7.9 in / or Purple Tang 9.8 in
or
1 Blackback Butterfly (Chaetodon Melannotus) 5.9 in

1 Green Clown Goby 1.5 in
1 Flasher Wrasse 3.1 – 3.9 in.
1 Orangespotted or Randall’s Shrimp Goby 3.5 in
1 Sixline wrasse 3.0 in
1 Yellow Assessor (Assessor flavissimus) 2.3 in
1 Royal Gramma 3.0 in
3 Neon Goby 2.0 in
1 Springers or Orchid Dottyback 1.5

1 Lemonpeel Angel 5.5 in
1 Kole’s, Tang 7.1 in
1 Sixline wrasse 3.0 in
3 Neon Goby 2.0 in

IMO that would be a nice mix. Although the Kole can be very sensitive as far as its health.

Here's my fish list suggestion...

1 Lemonpeel Angel
2 False Perculas
1 Purple Tang
1 Green Clown Goby
1 Royal Gramma
1 Flasher Wrasse (as long as you have a lid, they jump)

Back
Top Bottom