fish list opinions please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceandelight

Aquarium Advice Regular
my naso tang died today and with that i am thinking of new fish
i currently have in my 150gallon FOWLR and inverts:

powder brown tang
desjardine tang
heni black and white butterfly fish
orange diamond back goby
Pink & Blue Shrimpgoby

i would like to get:( not all at once or right away but starting like a month or so from now)

1. kole tang ( but probably won't happen because he should have been introduced when i got the other 2 tangs. opinions welcome?)

2. sleeper goby ( if i have 3 gobys will that be to many?)

3. 2 or 3 purple fire fish

4. flame angle or flame back angle (can't decide between the 2 any input on either?)

5. Mandarin Dragonet - Psychedelic ( in like 6 months or so)

any opinions are welcome or if you have something that you think is better please suggest it :D thanks

If you plan on getting Mandarin make sure your tank is very established with co pods and that you have a sizable refugium. For your size tank I would go with a refuge of no smaller than 30 gallons, these are easy and cheap to set up, there are tons of how to's on this site and all over online.

The flame angel is a good choice although if you plan on converting to a reef they will nip at corals.

Firefish have a tendancy to fish with each other though in a 150 gallon tank you should be ok.

3 tangs even in a 150 is a lot, that I would think over twice.

3 gobies are not too many in your size tank.

You outta try a Forceps Butterfly Fish.

yeah i have tons of co pods already in the main tank and in the refuge(45gal) while my tank was sitting for almost two months with just inverts in it there population exploded but my boyfriend said that even though i probably could get one now with the population i have in there but my tank is still pretty young so i figured i would wait 6 months or so and maybe go for it then. I had a forceps butterfly fish b4 and he was in QT for a month with out any problems and like the 2nd or 3 day in the main he died so i figured he was too fragile. plus someone told me that i should feed him sponge along with bloodworms and mysis shrimp and i couldn't find any live sponge anywhere and the only thing i found in it was sponge and something mixed that was suppose to be for angle fish so i don't know about him although i think they are really pretty.

Back
Top Bottom