Fish of my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True true. Also, I've got a question more aimed towards HN1, but anyone else can chime in freely lol. Well, if i was to get a coral, why wouldnt i want to get a frag? I see that on some sites coral are expensive.. and frags are not.. Whats the difference really? Could i buy a frag for my tank and it still live or whats the deal?

I believe a frag is a fragment of a coral? like a little piece of it that grows into a coral? i think.. dont make decisions based off that.. anyone else know?

True true. Also, I've got a question more aimed towards HN1, but anyone else can chime in freely lol. Well, if i was to get a coral, why wouldnt i want to get a frag? I see that on some sites coral are expensive.. and frags are not.. Whats the difference really? Could i buy a frag for my tank and it still live or whats the deal?

I'm a big fan of frags. I like to watch things grow. The only difference between a frag and a colony of the same type of coral is size and price.

A frag is a fragment of a coral. The methods vary, but generically if you cut up a coral colony and allow the pieces to heal, you have frags.

Oh i get it. So if i want things that are smaller in size, and take some time to grow.. i would go for frags. And generally speaking, they are lower in price right?

Oh i get it. So if i want things that are smaller in size, and take some time to grow.. i would go for frags. And generally speaking, they are lower in price right?

Yep. You got it. :)

Ha. welcome! Good luck on the tank! Look into flame angels and scooter gobys!

Yeap, i am looking into the flame angels right now lol. I like the scooter gobies, but i REALLY like the watchman goby.. so idk, it will be a tough choice lol.

Wow, that flame angel is VERY nice. It seems like its not that hard to take care of, and its peaceful so thats another good thing since my tank is going to be a peaceful one. Only thing that turns me off is the price. :p I dont know if i would ever pay that much money for a fish. Especially since i know that down the road i'm going to be moving to a different state. So then what do i do. :/ Idk tho, maybe i'll ask for it as a birthday present or something. :D Thanks for the suggestion tho, thatd a fish im definitely looking into for the future of my reef keeping.

Scooter Blennys are kinda tough to keep in smaller tanks.....I had one in my 55 and he starved.......
Flame angels may nip at corals (and coral frags) too....

Just be careful with the flame angel depending on the fish you can get a reef wrecker or one that's just cool... I believe one of the Moderators had one for Years and ended up fine but then started to wreck his reef... Just be cautions with it... :)

Yeap, i will take that into consideration. Thanks guys. Also, i never really had any intentions of getting a scooter blenny.. so ya. I just wanted a starry blenny

The flamefish are quite amazing though. Think about them. Even though they cost a bit more, consider them because they are such awesome dwarf angels. The only thing is they do like Tank said, sometimes wreck reefs....:twisted:

Yeah, i think i will skip out on the pseudochromis then. Only because im looking for a more, peaceful but active community. Not something thats agressive and i have to deal with. Im going to try the starry blenny and the watchman goby. However, can anyone tell me what fish really burrows in the sand? Im really looking for a cool fish that lives in the sand or at least plays with it alot.

A fish that burrows/lives in the sand. Jaw fish.
YouTube - Blue Spotted Jawfish
YouTube - Jawfish Digging a Burrow

Be careful...check out the frogspawn to the left in the second video

also cool diamond goby
YouTube - Diamond Goby

Back
Top Bottom