fish only saltwater tank 40l

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok cool well got 2 filters in there one which come with the tank which was from 3d aquatics online and i bought an additional 1 which is a eheim 2008 both submerged they any good thanks

Cant seem to get raw shrimp anywhere so instead could i use brine srimp marine fish food intead n put some of that in would this work?

It will take A LOT of brine to equal a whole shrimp but you could do that. If you're using the cubes, you'll probably need about 3-4 cubes.

Ok cool shoukd i just drop them in there frozen then n then let the tank do the work ive put 1 cube in there tonight shall i had 3 more tomorrow?

Hey got a raw shrimp put it i a small bag and put loads of holes in it and its just floating around the tank is this ok? Or shall i wedge it at the bottom somehow? Thanks

Use your net (assuming you have one). Put the shrimp in, fold it in there and leave it. Makes it easy to remove later

Right en peeps put my shrimp in and ammonia as gone though the roof already so wot next take it out or not?

Nope, leave it in and let it rot. It's probably gonna smell bad, but it's good for the tank. The ammonia-eating bacteria will build and will use up all of that ammonia at some point, but it's gonna take a little while. If you take out the ammonia source, then the ammonia-eating bacteria will die off while you're waiting for the nitrite-eating bacteria to grow, the nitrite-eating bacteria take a little longer to grow. I've read that turning the temp up into mid 80's during cycle helps the bacteria to grow faster cuz bacteria thrive in warm places. But remember let temp go back down before adding fish.

adam petty said:
Ok will do ill keep u up to date on progress thanks for ur help ur a star lol :)

Please do keep us updated on your progress!! And pics too!! We love pics here!! Lol. And you're welcome!

Right then tank temp up to 32'-90f
Reading this evening are.
Ph 7.8
Ammonia 8.0
Nitrite 5.0
Nitrate 40

ForumRunner_20121101_160818.jpg

Been reading so much on here bout live rock. Could i go a d get this now and put it in my tank as i am still in my first cycle with a raw shrimp in my tank or will this knock me back a couple of weeks?

Back
Top Bottom