Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-20-2004, 08:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks Guys! I'm going to go to the SW place this weekend and take a look...I was a little dissapointed about the damsels because I had really like the Neon Black Damsel, but they are a little more picky about water quality and a lot more aggressive anyway, so it would have probably been out of the question. It was so pretty though...

Old 01-20-2004, 10:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

What about a green chromis? (sp?)

Old 01-20-2004, 11:43 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

IMO Green Chromis would be a good choice. They are peaceful, hardy and stay fairly small 2-3". They seem to do well in small schools. You tank is a little small for this, but you could probably start with 3-5 and then still add your clowns later. They are best kept in odd #s. I have 5 in my 75gal with a pair of maroon clowns a Domino Damsel(slightly aggressive) and a fire fish.

Like they said check out your LFS or search the web for what you like.

Here is a good web site to check out pictures and brief descriptions of what is out there:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/default.cfm?siteid=20

Good luck,

Tank: 90 Gal SW Reef in the making

See my info for setup and inhabitant details:
afilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:37 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

If i have a 40 gallon, can i add a fairy wrasse to my tank which already has 2 percs, a dragon goby, 1 green chromis, a purple firefish, and my cleanup crew. Or is that maxed out?
Old 01-21-2004, 10:21 PM   #15
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by fo8squad
If i have a 40 gallon, can i add a fairy wrasse to my tank which already has 2 percs, a dragon goby, 1 green chromis, a purple firefish, and my cleanup crew. Or is that maxed out?
You might be able to get away with another small peaceful fish but I would not suggest a wrasse species. They are very active and quite messy eaters which could easily tip the scale on an otherwise balanced bioload. Fairy wrasses can get about 3-5" and you may end up having aggression problems with the firefish.

Cheers
Steve

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com