Fish stock in a 90 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DOMINATOR

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, I have four cromies, 2 clowns, a yellow tang and a blue damsel( and a shrimp) what else can I put in here. I don't want to overstock but I'm running out of ideas!!! Anyone?

I have a lawnmower blenny that has great personality, he;s great for algae eating and is always follwoing me around watching. lol You could also go with a watchman goby/shrimp combo too.

Check out liveaquaria.com they have the best information with requirements and the such.

I have one blenny and one goby in my 55g. Just stay away from mandarins and scooter blennies, they don't eat prepared foods really. :) I learned the hard way. lol

Thanks.... I've been following your threads for a couple months now and I love your advice....it hits home everytime!!!:) btw, where do you live? I'm in Calgary and new to the game....thanks again!!!

I'm in Florida. :-D

I'm glad I can be of some help. I do try. :-D

Let us know what you decide. Theres so many possibilities.

I started my cycle six weeks ago but j have really good rock with coraline and critters.... Some brown algae, diatom....so there's good food in there but j don't know....my sand could use a good cleaning! :)

I wanted a snad sifter when I first started but was told that they get all their food from the sandbed and since I had only been up a few weeks i passed on it. The diatoms will go away slowly not to worry. I good lawnmower blenny will eat up any algae, mine finished in my tank and now eats algae sheets and anything I throw in. I'm actually worried he's too fat lol

I also won't call the tang police on ya, you may get some input that the tang requires 6 feet of swimming room. :-D

and hey, where are our pictures? We LOVE pictures

Sounds good, I'll look for a lawnmower this weekend. My lfs told me that a yellow tang doesn't get big and my tank would be plenty....while were on the subject, I have two 90's side by side flush in the wall sharing a 100 gallon sump. One tank will be reef, the other fowler. I was thinking two triggers, a snowflake eel, and maybe a puffer or lionfish....what are your thoughts??

Ahh now you've gone into territory that I'm unfamiliar with. That sounds like you want a predator tank. I'm pretty sure those fish will eat anything that can fit in their mouths. LOL

This thread is pretty much at the top, we're bound to get the people in the know interested. :-D

Sounds like an awesome setup, can't wait til we get to see it.

As soon as I figure out how to get pics on here, I'll do it!!! I'm not very high tech!'

Last question( my break is over)...what's the deal with a goby/ shrimp combo???

Supposedly the goby guards the shrimp. lol My goby is supposed to be watching my pistol shrimp but he's rarely even on that side of the tank. Alot of people have them paired up and say its super cool. But mine just didnt meet yet.

Cool!!! Peppermint shrimp I guess? Thanks for that, I think that will be my next addition!!!

Nope pistol shrimp. I have 4 peppermints and 1 pistol. The pistol is hit or miss though. some people love em some don't

Wow, didn't even know you could put that many shrimp together! I wonder why people wouldn't like the pistol....

Back
Top Bottom