Fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ok I think im going to redo my fish tank. I talked to a LFS owner and he said he was willing to give me cash for my yellow tangs. So if I do decide to sell them I was thinking of going with a more predatory setup.

I was thinking of

1. Large lunar wrasse
2. Volatin Lion fish
3. Panther grouper (think 125 may be to small though)
4. Harlequin Tusk
5. Clown trigger

Opinions and suggestions welcomed.

IMO the clown and the tusk are the best looking, I've had both. The tusk was killed by my porcupine after several months of being together. My clown trigger died several months after purchasing it...it never fed properly despite trying to feed it every single food possilbe and its condition slowly declined until I found it dead one day.

Despite my bad example/experiences both of these fish are generally very hardy and a very colorful addition although the clown trigger can be troublesome to anything else in the tank including power cords, heathers, and powerheads.

clown trigger can be troublesome to anything else in the tank including power cords, heathers, and powerheads.

Mabye ill go with a niger then.

Hey Six! If you are going with this more aggressive tank, I would get the clown for sure. They are such a beautiful fish! To bad they are aggressive, it sure would look nice swimming around in a reef tank. :wink:

Let us know what you decide to do.

revhtree said:
it sure would look nice swimming around in a reef tank. :wink:

I have actually seen pics of CT's in a reef... but most of these owners said everything was find until one day the clown snapped and decided to destroy everything 8O

Ive done the eels in the past. I would rather steer clear of them this time around.

I also like the clown trigger idea. very cool fish. I had one before I turned my tank into a reef. He had a great personality.

Back
Top Bottom