fish suggestions anyone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matt1245

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
im getting a 29 gallon biocube sometime this week or next week i was wondering if someone could give me suggestions on the type of fish i should get. im kinda overwhelmed by the selection at the moment. i would like to have colorful, inexpensive, reef safe fish for a 29 gallon biocube

and by the way i am cycling without fish i just wanted to know this for future reference so i have an idea of what fish i want when i go to buy them

Well, you gotta have a pair of clowns. Thats just common sense! :p

Have you looked at yellow watchman gobys? Cool fish, doesn't get bgger than 3in. Pajama carinals those are cool to. Royal grammas are really brightly colored. Just some fish I have seen and the clowns and PJ's I have. By the way...... stay away from mandarins. (y)

are mandarins hard to take care of or not reef safe? or what...

i also think i will get the yellow watchman does yours stay out where you can see him or is he in the sand and coral

yeah my neighbor has a fire fish i know i wnat one of the regular ones or the purple do you recommend one or the other

Basically, they feed on amphipods and copepods and eat them constantly. In a tank that small a mandarin will eat the pods faster than they can reproduce. To keep a mandarin you will need a mature tank with 100+ pounds of live rock. They are very picky and it is extremely difficult to adapt to substitute foods.

yeah my neighbor has a fire fish i know i wnat one of the regular ones or the purple do you recommend one or the other

Get the purple one as it will look spectacular under actinic lighting. This is a very sensitive fish so I would not add it until your tank is completly cycled. DP

Back
Top Bottom