Fish that Eats Bristleworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysticeel

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking for a fish that likes to eat bristleworms and not corals...i know the six line wrasse is known to eat them...but i am afraid of him being too small and being eaten by my lionfish...are there any other fishies that like to eat bristleworms?

don't want to complete get ride of them...just control their population...

I will repeat what I always hear, especially since you just want to control their population. They say to reduce your feedings so theres less excess food and their population will fix itself as a result

I will repeat what I always hear, especially since you just want to control their population. They say to reduce your feedings so theres less excess food and their population will fix itself as a result

I hand feed all of my fishies so i make sure there is no extra food floating around...

next suggestion is depending on how big they are and how many you have...tweezers :] place food like a algae wafer that wont float away near their hole and BAM.

I also heard of traps such as a pvc pipe, cover one end in something like saran wrap and the other side with a cap + small hole drilled into it (about the size of the worms youre trying to catch). Then place food inside and sink it to the bottom. You should have some without catching your other CUC. Havent tried it myself but the idea seems sound

next suggestion is depending on how big they are and how many you have...tweezers :] place food like a algae wafer that wont float away near their hole and BAM.

I also heard of traps such as a pvc pipe, cover one end in something like saran wrap and the other side with a cap + small hole drilled into it (about the size of the worms youre trying to catch). Then place food inside and sink it to the bottom. You should have some without catching your other CUC. Havent tried it myself but the idea seems sound

i thought they were only eat meaters...my fish usually end up tearing up the nori and allowing it to float away somewhere in the tank...i didn't think they snacked on nori...hmmmm...i guess i will have to hand feed that as well :p...the largest bristleworm i have is about 3-4inchs...i will try the pvc pipe i got some left over from building my subtank...

I say the algae wafer because it doesn't move away from their hole entrance + I caught one that way before too. I think they just smell something and come out and investigate. I hate bristleworms, can't stand them cause they scare me lol. goodluck with that though

I find them to be cute...mine are bright purple and pink and usually come out at night...they seem to be breeding very well in the tank...along with those white bugs...my opinion might change if i pick one up :p

hate them ): , its just worms and caterpillars in general freak me out. please update if the trap works, just for future reference :)

also, I always see a lot of fellow people on these forums that would love to receive them. You might be able to ship some to them and hopefully trade for something in return

I have had the best luck catching bristles with a small mesh bag small chunk of live rock and some fishing line. I put some shrimp in the rock the rock in the bag & tie the line to a corner of the bag, place bag on it's side on the bottom. I never did this with fish in the tank but I would just keep the opening of the bag small enough the fish can't get in. I'd say I catch 10 or so a pull. What seems to be working better than that @ my bristle control is my newly added harlequin basslet.

Back
Top Bottom