Fish to add with clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willba200

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, later I'm off to purchase my third fish. At the moment I have a pair of clowns. Are clowns ok with most fish?

Cant remember what size tank? But most are compatible with clowns. Maybe a goby or blenny.

150l tank . Are there any good algae eaters as I'm getting some hair algae on my sand and rocks?

Dont buy livestock to get rid of algae. Either they wont be able to keep up with it or when you get rid of it they will starve to death. Find the source that is feeding the algae and cut it off. Feed every two to three days.

Only feeding a tiny amount every other day. Nitrate is fairly low too. Have been leaving my light on longer but that's because I have a mushroom and finger coral someone gave me. Will algae go after a while?

Lighting can be a fuel for algae. You are not seeing as much nitrate because the algae is consuming it pretty quick. If it was me I would first try to pull out as much by hand and then rubber band a toothbrush to a siphon hose and scrub your rock and siphon it out while doing your pwc. Do two 33% pwc's a week and run your lights less than you are now. IME

Ps remember it did not happen overnight and it wont go away overnight. Patience is a virtue.

Back
Top Bottom