Fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tested my Nitrates and they are reading 5 ppm. But if I remember correctly, the AP kit sometimes has problems reading Nitrates below 10 ppm. The test results for this evening (before dosing) is as follows:

Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 2 ppm
Nitrate 5 ppm

I dosed another 1.5 ml

I plan on doing a 90% water change before adding fish so the Nitrates are not a big deal to me. Plus, one of the filters will be moved to the other 10 gal tank and needs to be ready for fry. :)

Ended up doing a 50% water change, but even after that, diluting the tank water with 50% tap water STILL gives me a pretty high Nitrite read... LoL, I may have started out with more Ammonia than I thought! But the bio filter converts the Ammonia pretty efficiently now.

I did do a second seeding when I first detected Nitrites, so I imagine those bacteria are getting pretty numerous too, they just have a LOT of food to work through. :)

Pure tap water reads 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrites and 0 Nitrates... so I know the tests are working properly.

Back
Top Bottom