Fishless Cycle Inq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amosora

Aquarium Advice Activist
I read the article regarding the pure ammonia for cycling the tank. I'm I just going to use RO/DI water w/ or w/0 the salt mix?

Mix your salt 1st warm the water to 80* add the ammo Un less it's a FW tank ;)

Mix your salt water outside your tank then add it in. Are you gonna have any rock, wither live or base rock?

carey said:
Mix your salt water outside your tank then add it in. Are you gonna have any rock, wither live or base rock?

Actually i have no idea. Remember, my first tank was cycled using the old method. I'm up to my 2nd tank and i want to try the pure ammo method. Anyways, my plan is to move everything from the old tank to the new one. But i guess can't do that since the old one needs to house the old guys & i have to wait until the new tank is ok.

You can use the filter media from the old to seed the new tank this will shorten the cycle time Slowly add things from the old tank and watch for any spikes

image-819565194.jpg

Found a small bottle of ammonia please check this out if this is pure. It's not slippery & doen't bubble up. It smells like hair dye though. Any inputs?

Personally i wouldn't put it in..Not a big fan of any chemicals and i think people are just too quick to dump in whatever and not really know what to expect
Just cycle it naturally ..toss a table shrimp in and let it go through the process..i know its long ,,but IMO this is not a hurry up go-go hobby...

Back
Top Bottom