fishless cycling help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea!!! I know it's SO exciting when your new tank is nearly cycled. I've only been in SW for few months, so I remember that all too well! Shouldn't be too much longer now. . . then some fish finally!!

Good luck!!

It's day 27th now and my water is
NH3 = 0 (but kinda greenish)
NO2 = 0
NO3 = ~ 20-40

image-2352877851.jpg

What would be the next step? Am I almost done cycling? :D

daney90 said:
It's day 27th now and my water is
NH3 = 0 (but kinda greenish)
NO2 = 0
NO3 = ~ 20-40

What would be the next step? Am I almost done cycling? :D

Looks to me like you are almost done :)

Dose again with Ammonia. If it zeros out in 24 hrs. Then do that again for 3 more days and if all zeros out each day then the day before you add fish do as close to a 100% water change as you can then the next day you can add fish.

Hope this helps

Thanks a bunch! I'll dose ammonia tonight when I get home. How much pure ammonia do I need to put? 5ml?

If you have a 55 gallon with no sump youll way to use 9.77 ml of ammonia if you are running a sump then you'll have to take the sump volume into consideration.

Disregard my last post. The ammonia amount will depend on the percentage of ammonia your using and total volume of your system. Plug in the info in the calculator and it will give you the amount required. Make sure to change the ppm to 4 :)

Back
Top Bottom