Fitting a skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guinness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Betta lifespace premium 287ltr or 75g tank. It has a solid wooden top which hinges up at the front to give access to lighting and to the glass sliding lids. It is made as a tropical tank so won't accommodate a sump. I want to fit a skimmer to it but don't want to cut the lid as the tank is fairly new and wasn't cheap. Can anyone recommend a way of fitting a skimmer to the tank without cutting it up?

You can run a sump without drilling your tank so really any tank can have one just like having a canister filter. I wouldn run a tank that large without a skimmer but i guess its possible if you do major waterchanges weekly. You'll see algae issues though for sure...

Animal-Chin said:
You can run a sump without drilling your tank so really any tank can have one just like having a canister filter. I wouldn run a tank that large without a skimmer but i guess its possible if you do major waterchanges weekly. You'll see algae issues though for sure...

I can't fit a sump because the tank unit has a cupboard at each end and an open shelf in the middle. There is no way I can fit a sump.

That's what I thought to be honest about the skimmer I just thought it was worth asking the question.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom