Flame & Coral Beauty angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting a flame and a coral beauty angel. I have been told to introduce them simultaneously... Does this literally mean the same day? Or can I do them a day apart? What's the best?

Also try to ensure that both fish are net caught not cyanide caught. Many dwarf angels caught with cyanide rarely last more than a few months in the home aquarium due to liver damage.

I know it's a 50/50 chance the LFS will be honest with you, but it's worth asking.. (y)

Cheers
Steve

OK... I got the fish... and the flame is fine...eating...and comfortable... But the coral won't eat and is pacing the sides of the tank.... what cna I do to coax it to eat?

What type of food have you been using?

I would never recommend it for a daily diet but brine shrimp soaked in a few drops of garlic can be a great enticement for finicky eaters. Once the coral beauty is eating and adjusted to the tank, it can usually be weined to more nutritious foods without problem.

Cheers
Steve

I use a mix of sponge based, mysid, and brine... with algae attached to a rock and algae flakes...

I'll try that tonight...

But, what is so bad about brine? I have "enriched" brine... it has vitamins and spirulina...and some other things

Enriched or fortified foods are fine. Most regular brine in stores is void of any real nutrition. It's like giving candy to kids, they'll eat it all day and get nothing from it. It is also low in usable protein. Mysis shrimp is much better if you feel the need to feed meaty foods.

Personally I only feed fortified flakes on a regular basis. A few different types alternating each on different days. A meat style flake and spurlina. It is very healthy for the fish, will not promote intestinal ailments like frozen meats and will also not pollute the tank as easily.,

What you are doing now is fine, just not my preference... :wink:

Cheers
Steve

angels ?

I didnt think you could put 2 angels together ? I love both of those fish but have read not to put them together .

the flame is doing fine. but the coral is hiding in the rocks...it didn't appear that she was being harassed when she was out, but I'm probably mistaken... any ideas?

rearrange rocks to "un establish" territories. If that does not work, take one back.
two dwarf angels in the same tank normally is not a good idea.

I don't know HARA ... everyone has there own territory....there's plenty of room and they weren't chasing her when she was out...she came out earlier for about 15 minutes...swam around and then went back in her own little space...

you have not had them that long, give it a few days if you want, maybe the coral will decide to be more social. if not, I stand by my original advice. 90 gallons is not that big of a tank if you are a fish that feels intimidated.

Re: angels ?

Sharky said:
I didnt think you could put 2 angels together ? I love both of those fish but have read not to put them together .

It is generally not recommended to add one once there is an established angel in the tank already. They are fiercely territorial, but once in awhile it works out although rarely.

The best way to introduce two dwarfs into the same tank is make sure the living environment is large enough and has a decent enough amount of rock to allow territories to be established. Also getting them while still small >2" and introducing then at the same time is best.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom