Flame angel , moorish idol ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwaterfish56

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello I would like to know if anyone has any expeierence with a

FLAME ANGEL
MOORISH IDOL
HELFRICHI FIREFISH

in a reef tank if so please get back to me !!

I am going I add a few more fish and want to know if they pick at corals but I know with the angel and the idol is a hot or miss but I still want to know people's expeierence with them thank you !!

The only one I have had experience with was the flame angel. Destroyed a few corals and had to tear the tank down to get him out. Obviously it was not a pleasant experience.

Oh no !! Haha I was thinking of putting one in my tank but nevermind , thank you !!

At my lfs , all the moorish idols is like feeding a damsel , they all eat anything and everything , I didn't believe them until I asked them to feed them and they feed them pellets and seem to really like them , i guess they have good luck with moorish idols, thats why I wanted one but I wanted to know what corals they can go with

Saltwaterfish56 said:
At my lfs , all the moorish idols is like feeding a damsel , they all eat anything and everything , I didn't believe them until I asked them to feed them and they feed them pellets and seem to really like them , i guess they have good luck with moorish idols, thats why I wanted one but I wanted to know what corals they can go with

Ahh, well good:) I think that was only difficulty with them, otherwise I think it just says reef compatible with caution. But I haven't had experience so I don't know.

Yeah I know that's what I'm trying to figure out too , I wanted to know what corals it means by with caution

Saltwaterfish56 said:

Idols are awesome fish, one of my favorite but as stated they do require special attention. They are usually picky eaters and have nutritional problems, also they pick on corals, and the come with what i call tang problems, meaning they need large tanks, dont handle being picked on much without stressing and all this makes them very susceptible to disease/parasites/infection. Many smaller fish may even nip at the top ribbon, any exposed wound can cause a problem. Hard to find an old idol or one with an undamaged ribbon.

Just something to look into. Flame angels are easier to care for and have a lot less needs, however them picking at corals is hit and miss. Many dont and many do. Either way between the flame and idol your kind of rolling the dice.

Look like I'm not getting getting either , what do you think of the helfrichi Firefish ?

Saltwaterfish56 said:
Look like I'm not getting getting either , what do you think of the helfrichi Firefish ?

That fish is easy to keep, go ahead! Nothing special about it!

Hello I would like to know if anyone has any expeierence with a

FLAME ANGEL
MOORISH IDOL
HELFRICHI FIREFISH

in a reef tank if so please get back to me !!

I am going I add a few more fish and want to know if they pick at corals but I know with the angel and the idol is a hot or miss but I still want to know people's expeierence with them thank you !!

My flame never caused any problems in my reef. I feed it everyother day along with the other fish and it's fine. Really brings a lot of color to the tank. These are really hit or miss.

Back
Top Bottom