Flame Angels..Are they good with Inverts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my experience, I never had any problems with them eating any of the stuff that you listed, but you will need to clarify on "other inverts". I think they have a tendancy to nip at soft corals, but I didn't think you were referring to corals when you said other inverts.

I havent gotten into any corals as of yet.. That fish just seems like a nice one for a smaller fish crowd.. Im trying to be smart on which fish I pick...
(thats why I have so many questions!)

The flame angel has always been my favorite fish. It's just really striking and grabs your attention with it's color. I had to get rid of mine when I converted to a reef tank, but I really miss that fish. Just keep in mind that you won't be able to keep soft corals and apparently clam mantels in the tank with the Flame. I'm not trying to persuade you against getting one. Just keep it in mind...

They will not consume mobile invertebrates, but may perhaps pick at the extended foot of snails just out of curiosity. It is hit or miss with clam mantels and coral, but that's never stopped me any :)

Back
Top Bottom