FloorJack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMorris271

Aquarium Advice Regular
Thanks to a few thread I have seen here, I am thinking about floor support under the 48" 125 tank
I am going to use a 18,000 lb. floor jack , set it on solid concrete block and run the jack up under a joist with a 4x4 set perpendicular under the joist . I have crawl space under the house.
Question. Would you do this before or after the tank set up? I just am not sure.
Thanks for your help.

I'd do all the adjusting prior filling tank, check again every 30 gallons for sagging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd do all the adjusting prior filling tank, check again every 30 gallons for sagging.

I agree with brook adjust before hand. What you could do is put in cross braces in between the joists using hangers then frame in some 4x4s mounted to the bottom side of the joists followed by pier blocks with 4x4s vertically for a tight snug fit that should help. Is your tank perpindicular to your joists as well?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you were to have it set perpindicular there wouldnt be to many worries but i also understand the need of space and using the available space given

If you were to have it set perpindicular there wouldnt be to many worries but i also understand the need of space and using the available space given

Seems like everything is contrary sometimes. Even joists.:banghead:

If the 4-8 points of contact from stand to floor land on just subfloor you'll probably want to add solid pine or poplar boards spanning at least 2 joists to spread the load. For a smaller tank I would even sweat it but in this case I'd say it's absolutely necessary, especially if it is an older home with barn board subfloor as opposed to ply.

If the 4-8 points of contact from stand to floor land on just subfloor you'll probably want to add solid pine or poplar boards spanning at least 2 joists to spread the load. For a smaller tank I would even sweat it but in this case I'd say it's absolutely necessary, especially if it is an older home with barn board subfloor as opposed to ply.

+1 i agree to that

I went under the house today which is 16yrs old(time flies) and there is an I beam on the left third of the tank stand. I tried to set up the floor jack today that I picked up at Lowes yesterday. Dang! It was about 12 inches too tall. I guess I will just use some 4x4's given the proximity of the I beam.

Good to hear its got an i beam some cross braces on the other joists and youll be set

Back
Top Bottom