Florida Beaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tito2491

Aquarium Advice Freak
does anybody in Florida know where I can get hermit at the beach? my tank gets alot of algae and I am broke , please help me out

Not sure, but I don't believe the hermits on the beach will do well underwater. Gotta try to get $5 bucks together for one suited for your aquarium, and that likes algae. Also, may need to get to the source of the algae. Using tap water?

In Panama City Beach there is a place called Shell Island located in the bay. I went on a jet ski tour there 2 years ago and there were hermit crab all over the shallow areas. They were underwater so I think they would be okay in a tank.

i have taken a few hermits a long time ago from the beach that look exactly like the hermits that the LFS sell but right now the red tide is affecting everything i wouldn't collect anything and put it in my tank.

where in fla? around here....tampa/stpete...you can go to ft desota and wade out on the south end and search in the grass for them....
oceandelight is right though....not sure if id do it now either....if u do be sure to quarantine them for abit

Where in Florida do you live? I've never seen hermits on the beach, but in the rivers around my area, you can find them easily, they're everywhere (they are underwater hermits).

a few stores around me in pensacola have the blue legs for $0.50 each... really cant beat that...

I live in sunrise , about 45 minutes away from miami or Fort lauderdale beach , the blue legs here go for 1.99 and the scarletts go for 2.99
but they sell little tiny tiny ones for 1.00 , I wish they would sell them cheaper :cry:

So would you be willing to package about 20+ of those and send them to be via parcel mail? ;) ;)

$0.50 is killer.

Back
Top Bottom