Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-duty View Post
LOL might need to do some drilling and blasting. Tunes where in Fl are you?
I live on the west coast in lehigh. It is close to Ft.Myres and Cape Coral. Thats is exciting i found someone in Florida that is a fish fanatic. I see you are near Cocoa Beach.

Cool, i know a friend with a pressure washer that i could use then i will soak and scrub them. All florida is is a giant dead reef. That is how Florida was formed so it is everywhere, even where there is no ocean. I will make sure i don't collect it near the beach. That is a smart idea thincat, i could provide fill for building and fish tanks.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You know I live in South Carolina and our beaches are nothing but mud and oyster rakes. Wish I had something like that here.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etunes View Post
I live on the west coast in lehigh. It is close to Ft.Myres and Cape Coral. Thats is exciting i found someone in Florida that is a fish fanatic. I see you are near Cocoa Beach.

Cool, i know a friend with a pressure washer that i could use then i will soak and scrub them. All florida is is a giant dead reef. That is how Florida was formed so it is everywhere, even where there is no ocean. I will make sure i don't collect it near the beach. That is a smart idea thincat, i could provide fill for building and fish tanks.

Yes I am inland 10 miles from Cocoa Beach.

jessicasmarine I am surronded by salt water rivers and if I hade the urge to get rock and such it would not be to hard. I can tell you this if there was a high demand for mangrove seeds I could be a rich man lol.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I use about 6-7 mangrove trees as part of my filter system. Right after my skimmer unit.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

I will in mine hear soon. When I am fishing I could pick up 100 plus in no time and I see them selling for $5.00 each of more plus shipping lol.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #16
Thanx but no.....

Don't they need a substrate (sand and/or mud) bottom?
Old 09-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

I am sure they do. I see them floating every where so I am sure that is how they migrate the just float around untill they land on the shore and the start growing.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya, down here at the beaches/brackish water rivers you see these little pod things that kinda looks like little green cigars. I am finding more and more things that i can get free because i live in Florida.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #19
Thanx but no.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thincat View Post
I use about 6-7 mangrove trees as part of my filter system. Right after my skimmer unit.
How deep of a sandbed do you have? How much room do you need for them? 6/7 in one of those small chambers in your sump?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hey guys!

Tunes...I live in Orlando..so not to far from the cocoa beach guy! WE should all maybe meet us or something and go rock gathering or something haha!

Tags
dry, dry rock, rock, sw aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com