Flow problem and Live Rock ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JrMafia90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 big pieces of live rock that I am cycling out, how do I know if there is any animals on it. I heard people having crabs and star fish on theres and when the guy delivered mine there wasnt any water in the box. Does there have to be water in the box when it is shipped to have any crabs or stuff on it.

Also, my return flow about every minutes shoots out a big cloud of salt. It started this all of a sudden. The tank had been running for 1 week. Any reason why? Or how I can stop it?

You will know if there is anything on the rock when you see something.

Are you sure its salt that is shooting out? If it is then your going to have to mix the salt up better

Stuff can hide on LR for a longgggg time before you see it.
Most LR is shipped moist, but not submerged in water, when shipped this way, somethings make it, and then of course, there is some die off as well.

I think maybe it's itty bitty tiny water bubbles shooting out, not salt ... check your return box/sump and see that your return pump water supply isn't getting low, Maybe time for a top off? Also, sometimes they will pump faster than it can return... I had that problem.. I added a huge rock to raise the level of water and I was fine. Just an idea.

im gonna have to say its probably the bubbles thing. When my water gets low in my sump every once in a while my pump sucks down some air and starts blowing out tiny bubbles into the tank.

On the liverock thing... yea a lot of stuff can come in and be EXTREMELY small, and you wont see it for a long time. My girlfriend had a bristleworm pop out of hers like 6 months after she got the stuff and it managed to kill 2 of her fish... wich kinda sucked. But yea, keep an eye on it and im sure you'll find stuff eventually

btw, wherebouts in turnersville are you located? im from washington twp

i guess ill have to wait to see whats on my LR

the flow turns out to be low water, the service guy is coming thursday to add more

tcarola154- i live in twp too, were do u live, i live all the way on the other side by deptford

tcarola154 said:
im down by chestnut ridge and hurffville school...

what LFS do you go to?

bad weather we had today, a lot of trees down I seen, but our power didn't go out

I usaully go to the Aquarium Center on Blackwood-
Clementon road or JB's Tropical fish in Williamstown.

Where do you go?

I go to both of those and Zoos (by the walmart). It depends what im getting really... I buy all my fish at Aquarium center though

Back
Top Bottom