Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by severum mama View Post
They can be territorial toward one another and may fight. A 6 gallon certainly doesn't afford them much room for territories. The OP has stated more than once in this thread that he doesn't want to have to worry about this tank. Why not take the conservative approach? You don't have to cram fish into a tiny tank just because it's theoretically possible. Just sayin.
Well maybe that's him but others who may read this thread may take it that it isn't possible while still keeping them happy.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
TBH I've got no clue on fluval lighting so idk..... But check this tank out. He used mr11's Marine Fluval Edge LED Lighting Mod 6 Gallon Reef Aquarium - YouTube

Yeah, thats the kind of setup I'm looking to do. I cant seem to find the MR11 bulbs he has in the description. I wonder where he found them...

Old 03-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

They can be territorial with one another and fight, as I mentioned. That's the kind of info that someone starting out with a small tank should read IMO. I doubt they would be "happy" if they are fighting each other for territories.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

I dont think the OP is even interested in a clown goby... I think we should listen to what he likes
Old 03-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Freak

So after reading all this am I doing it all wrong ?
Old 03-27-2012, 01:53 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice FINatic

clown gobys are cool...Im just focusing on one thing at a time. I want to get the lighting down first, then pick out some corals, then worry about stocking the tank. It gives me time to research the fish more and see what works/looks the best. Im really keeping my gf in my mind the whole time. This tank is for her, so im trying to make it something she will like. She loves bright colors, and lots of them. So my stock selection and my corals should reflect that. I just want to order the lighting and get that out of the way, then take the next step. Any help/advice would be appreciated. The video that Ibrahim posted has an awesome setup. Does anyone know where to get those MR11 bulbs?
Old 03-27-2012, 02:12 AM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishN00b83 View Post
clown gobys are cool...Im just focusing on one thing at a time. I want to get the lighting down first, then pick out some corals, then worry about stocking the tank. It gives me time to research the fish more and see what works/looks the best. Im really keeping my gf in my mind the whole time. This tank is for her, so im trying to make it something she will like. She loves bright colors, and lots of them. So my stock selection and my corals should reflect that. I just want to order the lighting and get that out of the way, then take the next step. Any help/advice would be appreciated. The video that Ibrahim posted has an awesome setup. Does anyone know where to get those MR11 bulbs?
www.LEDwholesalers.com
Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sooo...I tested the water today, and I got the following...

I dosed 3ppm and went to sleep...today this happened:
ammonia 1ppm
nitrite 5+ppm
nitrAte 80+ppm

I'm assuming this is because of all the live rock, live sand, and live water i bought from the LFS. My question is, what the hell do I do at this point? Even if I do a 100% water change it's not going to bring the trites and trates down to a normalish kind of level. Does anyone have any suggestions here? I dont have a RO/DI system, I dont have any salt, and I'm clueless...EEP!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dude, you are cycling the tank. You will have to wait for at least a month until everything is good! Then do your waterchange and then add livestock. Just buy saltwater rodi from the lfs. Its cheap and easy
Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice FINatic

lol I am fully aware I am cycling the tank, but my trAte levels are EXTREMELY high, which could stall it all together,...unless saltwater can just ignore the through the roof trAte readings because of the magical cycling fairy...

I am looking for help here, not these kind of responses you've been offering lately

Tags
fluval, fluval edge, nano, nano reef, reef, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com