Fluval Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

two11devan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a fluval 204 in fro my 30 gal. I have noticed that every once in a while it will make a wierd noise and a second after the noise, thousands of tiny bubbles shoot out of my return nozzle. Has this happened to anyone else???? What causes it? I know a little air is trapped in the unit when it is opened to be cleaned, but i cleaned it a week ago and i have noticed it before when it was running for a month without it having been opened at all. I have no idea where the air could be comming from! Just in case it matters, i am only running some carbon in the bottom tray. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks

I would check for any loose conections or any cracked pipes/tubes that are connected to it. could be a small leak is letting in tiny bits of air that eventually build up to a large enough bubble to get sucked into the impeller...

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with your problem, but my Rio 600 was spitting out air every once in a while and I couldn't determine the cause, and then I realized that nitrogen bubbles from my sand bed would catch on it on the way to the surface and eventually get sucked into the intake. The noise made me think it was broken or something, but eventually I saw it happen.

If you tap your filter it will happen also it's just trapped air in the canister. No worries.

rock your fluval gently and slowly back and forth, that will move the air pockets out.

yeah, ditto to what they said.. I'll only add that if this is happening frequently, which mine started to do, as well as it made another strange grinding noise - open it up and pull out the impeller shaft.. the magnet piece on the bottom of mine had cracked off and so it wasn't spinning properly.. the filter worked, but that part had to be replaced ($6 at a LFS)

Back
Top Bottom