Fluval SPEC No skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kosamamama

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We have a small tank ( 3 gallon ) with 2 fish, a shrimp and an array of crabs & snails & 2 lbs live rock. Our fish store keeps this same set up on their store counter. He suggests 1/3 water change every week. 2 weeks in we have a happy healthy tank, but I'm wondering if anyone else has other suggestions to maintain this fun little starter tank?

Go bigger, I started with a 5gal and the salinity and all that other stuff bounced around so much it drove me crazy. Bigger is more stable

I have no intentions of staying with tiny... ;) it's so addictive! But.. With that said, we just built a house and I'm waiting to build a great space in the basement for a big tank! This starter tank is what my 8 year old asked Santa for for Christmas... And it's fantastic! We have decided that it's a way bigger time sucker then our iPhones and iPads... Lol!

Maybe not soon enough... But our saltwater store will exchange him if he gets too big :)

We have a great "fish guy" who will help us with rehoming "Chris the clown" should he outgrow his current situation before we grow our tank ;)

Back
Top Bottom