Fluval Spec V Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smithpants94

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had freshwater tanks for quite some time and want to try my hand at salt.

This is what I'm looking at working with. (Should be a Petco link). http://m.petco.com/product/121503/Fluval-Spec-V-Aquarium-Kit-in-Black.aspx

I need as much help and advice as I can get getting this thing going.

I want to do live rock and sand and maybe add a clownfish after a while. Maybe even a basic coral if I'm feeling good.

Thanks in advance, everybody!

It doesn't say anywhere what size it is? Recommended size for a clown is 20g. That being said, it looks really small and although this is not impossible, it's not a great size for your first salt water tank. It will require constant monitoring to keep your temp and salinity stable. The lighting will most likely not support any corals either. My advice, if you really want to take the plunge is go with something a bit bigger (my first was a 55) but even a 29 would be much easier to maintain and you would have far more options for stocking. Have a read up on some of the articles here about setting up a saltwater tank so you get an idea of what your in for!

Thanks Bectan. Looking at articles and discussions right after I posted this initial thread, I can't agree more with what you're saying. I'll be back! ...but with a little more knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom