Foggy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would try the turkey baster and just to add hydrometers are ok but refractometers are much much more accurate. You may want to invest in one.

Convict2161 said:
I would try the turkey baster and just to add hydrometers are ok but refractometers are much much more accurate. You may want to invest in one.

Agreed. On my wish list. :)

I'll try the turkey baster and see if that helps.

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone.

What's ur ammonia at? Have you done any water changes since you set it up? Or top offs?

All of my tests came back spot on perfect. There are no corals yet. It is just a tank of saltwater, sand, base rock, snails, and hermits.

GuyeWinfield said:
All of my tests came back spot on perfect. There are no corals yet. It is just a tank of saltwater, sand, base rock, snails, and hermits.

Ok well that's good news as far the stock goes. We need to figure this out. I'd say do some water changes and see how that turns out.

Blast the rocks of debris with say a turkey baster.

And just re-reading your post... You wrote you used chemicals. Which ones? And don't add anything else that is living at this time. I would say the ONLY thing to do now is a blow the rocks off like Con said, maybe do a 50% water change, and STOP adding any chemicals. I think you might just hafta wait it out for now...

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 47
If I can make a recommendation.. Since you're just setting the tank up and problem solving, I would get the API Master Saltwater test kit, and put the reef kit aside til you need it. You need to be able to get a grip on PH, Ammonia, Nitrites, and Nitrates... These are the fundamental tests while establishing a tank...

If I can make a recommendation.. Since you're just setting the tank up and problem solving, I would get the API Master Saltwater test kit, and put the reef kit aside til you need it. You need to be able to get a grip on PH, Ammonia, Nitrites, and Nitrates... These are the fundamental tests while establishing a tank...

I can absolutely try that. Can't hurt right? I will go pick one up this weekend and test the water again.

Nice... Make sure you follow the instructions on the NitrAte test, they're finicky :cool: Also, when you get the tests, post a pic of the results.. An actual pic of the tubes up against the cards. If you don't mind of course!

I hate that kit.... But it works well, good luck. Also the picture thing is a great way to document the results

Weirdest thing happened tonight. I came home from work to find out one of my snails crawled into my overflow box and crawled in one of my drains, causing it to lose the syphon. Meaning my tank couldn't drain as fast as the pump, which caused the pump to suck air. Bubbles all over the tank, but low and behold, the tank is as clear as can be! Not sure why or how, but I am not complaining. Maybe the bubbles that were blowing into the tank caused the particles to rise and drain out? Who knows!

I am still going out this weekend to buy that testing kit, refractometer, and I will be doing some big water changes to make sure this thing clears up and stays clear.

Thanks again for everyone's help!
I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom