Food cups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I work away from home three days a week. To avoid my son over feeding, I divide frozen food into salad dressing cups, and refreeze, I also put a little tank water in each cup. Thaws in minutes, so my son can feed and be on his way, since he doesn't really want much to do with my fish.
What do you think? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395263510.697380.jpg

Well, it seems ok. The only thing I can think of is that when you thaw it, do you rinse it too? If you do, then the preservatives that the shrimp were originally in, have been loss, and im not sure just freezing them will keep them preserved.

No, I don't rinse and I go fast, so still frozen. Slice a cube into 7 or 8 parts and put each slice into the cup-add some tank water and flash freeze in my freezer. Takes no more than 5 minutes.

Only thing I could suggest would be to only pre pack a week at a time and make sure it is rinsed before freezing. The juices in the shrimp are steroids for algae.

Ya, toss it in a cup add some rodi water and let it thaw. Once thawed dump into a fine filter and run some rodi water over top to make sure it's clean then soak it. It's much easier to thaw and toss in the tank but the juices have a lot of phosphates and this is a way you can reduce it.

Back
Top Bottom