Food Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bschroller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Everyone
I currently have three damsels in my tank. I, however, noticed that they are not eating the marine granules that I feed them. They do eat the brine shrimp that I drop in. Should I only feed them the brine shrimp and not the granules? The guy at the pet store said that they are omnivores and need both the granules and shrimp, but as I mentioned earlier they are not as interested in the granules as they are in the shrimp. Any advice is much needed, seeing as I am a novice at SW fish.

i would try to feed them a variety of food like flakes, live brine shimp, dry brine shimp, etc, and switch them around, they tend to like it when you switch them around.

Might try Formula 1 and Formula 2 frozen food. One for the meat and two for the their veggies. I've heard that brine doesn't have much of a nutritional benefit anyway.

I've heard that brine doesn't have much of a nutritional benefit anyway.

This is correct. I feed my one Damsel along with everyone else a combination of frozen and flaked foods. They particularly like the Mysis shrimp. All the foods I feed to my fish have vitamins in it. Either by the manufacturer or by me. They never eat the same thing twice in a week. I give them quite a variety of food including meaty and veggies. Everyday I put a piece of Nori on the clip for the Naso Tang I got, when he is done tearing it up the rest of the fish pick at.

The only thing I have not yet done is make my own foods for them. My wife will NOT let me use the blender for that. So I am watching the garage sales for a cheap blender to use.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom