For All You Photo Lovers !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JsQuid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well after a few months, my journey in this interesting hobby will continue. Tomorrow is the big day, as I will be adding the dry rock, sand, and saltwater. It's been an anticipating ride, and I'm more than ready! My girlfriend and I are both excited and thrilled to finish this project. Hopefully everything will go as planned! Below, I have attached a few photos for everyone to enjoy. If there's any question as fat as equipment or anything, I will be more than happy to answer!

image-2860836918.jpg

image-761020431.jpg

image-2025014105.jpg

image-2135978568.jpg

Looks great.
I am setting up my first salt tank this weekend. 20 gallon FOWLR. Getting the rock tomorrow and the sand this weekend. What size tank is that ?

It is a 40 breeder... And underneath is a 20 long.

what are your stock plans? I am just setting up a new 90 gallon tank at the moment too.

I don't have much on my list as of now. I don't plan on having too much of a bioload. I just want to have a few nice corals, couple anemone, a clownfish, and a Pom Pom crab. That's it as of now.

Will do. Was looking to configure everything today but, after class I have to go to work. Won't be able to start everything until tmrw after class.

Here's updated photos of the tank ! Everything is working well ! Just need this cycle to get underway ! And it's been 2 days, hopefully the water will lose the cloudiness !

image-1111105529.jpg

image-1459131170.jpg

That cloudiness will go in no time. What's your plans for stocking?

Few nice corals, anemone, Pom Pom crab, pair of clowns, shrimp, and maybe a goby or something.

Yes of course ! I added 2 shrimp and it seemed to get me started. My ammonia is currently at 2.0, but no signs of nitrate or nitrite. I also added a cup of live sand from my friends established tank. I'm hoping to see something soon, but as of now that is all. The water has cleared up and everything seems to be on its way.

image-1999280073.jpg

The stand has a side door. So I just slid the sump in there and plumbed it through openings in the back upward toward the tank.

Back
Top Bottom