fort's 57 gallon Rimless Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_2269675_0_07c0878c3614e2ef19855c36d3db38dc.jpg

img_2269675_1_f15e5caef68d38e7447981d24c3b0ce2.jpg

img_2269675_2_f7afd06d657a46e59c96a8e64ccd7e8d.jpg

img_2269675_3_0acb2dab92f80ce1259496a03e6c9324.jpg

nice pics, thank you for making my saltwater skills feel inadequate and yet making me want to strive harder

Lol don't feel inadequate on account of me. This tank has been a real uphill battle as I approach its one year anniversary.

So what date are you using as your 1 year anniversary? I see that the rock went in and was up and running on 3/13/2012. Just curious.

Yeah, that is probably the right date to use. I was thinking it was in February, not March. So it is more like approaching the 10 month anniversary.

Yeah, that is probably the right date to use. I was thinking it was in February, not March. So it is more like approaching the 10 month anniversary.

HAHA!!

I was freaking for a minute there too cause my tank and your tank went up at about the same time. The 8 days I was out of work last year during march is when I finished setting mine up. I went live with my tank almost the same time you did so our 1 year is getting close!!

Beautiful tank fort. That bird has grown a lot. I'll be at my 8 month here pretty soon...and it is apparent i have a log way to go lol :p

Thanks! I really don't do any maintenance other than water changes every other week and clean the glass with a magnetic scraper 2-3 times a week. Between the carbon, GFO, and chaeto growing like mad in the refugium, I just don't have many issues with algae or keeping things looking good. This tank is much lower maintenance in terms of time than my 12 gallon high tech planted tank.

Thanks! I really don't do any maintenance other than water changes every other week and clean the glass with a magnetic scraper 2-3 times a week. Between the carbon, GFO, and chaeto growing like mad in the refugium, I just don't have many issues with algae or keeping things looking good. This tank is much lower maintenance in terms of time than my 12 gallon high tech planted tank.

I told you that would be the case long ago!!

My reef tanks were always less work than my planted tanks. I even set up a 55 planted tank and 30L reef tank for my parents years ago and they were amazed at how much easier the reef was to care for. If you get it right it's just pure enjoyment (and cash hemorrhaging).

Back
Top Bottom