Well, everything has remained stable. Ammonia and nitrites are 0, and I got the nitrate down to less than 10ppm after a water change yesterday.
I went back to my gem of a local reef supply store, and found some great additions. All 5 additions were quarantined in his store for 3 weeks, and all of his DT and stock tanks look beautiful. He quarantines everything that comes in before offering it for sale. He also dates everything in his tanks so you know how long he has had it. Might be playing roulette, but I tend to trust him. He hasn't steered me wrong yet, and seems to take a very conservative approach to running his store.
I picked up a pair of P. Clowns, 2 colonies of zoas, and a small frogspawn.
The clowns have already started hosting the frogspawn. I have read mixed reviews about whether they will tear it up or not, but it looks like I might be ok. They are small clowns right now anyway, so I don't think they will do much damage (hopefully).
I drip ac
'd all of them for an hour. The store's specific gravity was the same as mine (1.025) so hopefully all goes well. Clowns already have eaten in the tank. Just to be safe, I also did a lugols dip on the zoas. Most of the zoas are already open, and the frogspawn has gotten huge.
Will give all of this a go for a few weeks before adding anything else (except maybe a few snails/hermits in a week or so).
Will post some pics in a few minutes...