found a deal i couldnt pass up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
i was lookin on ebay for a used wet/dry sump and i was browsing what they had locally then i found the greatest deal a 72x18x30 180g aquarium with stand for 180.00 buy it now so i brought it just now what an awsome deal i didnt plan to upgrade my saltwater for like freakin 1 year but i couldnt pass up such an awsome deal just thought i would share my good fortune with everyone hehe or did i make a huge mistake buying such a huge tank? the biggest sw tank i ever had was 75g

Are you sure he isnt scammming you? You have to read the description VERY carefully and look at his feedback, and the dates on them to make sure they arent fake feedback.

If it is a local pick up just do not pay until you actually see the tank. Sounds like a awesome deal if it is legit.

hackteck said:
i was lookin on ebay for a used wet/dry sump and i was browsing what they had locally then i found the greatest deal a 72x18x30 180g aquarium with stand for 180.00 buy it now so i brought it just now what an awsome deal i didnt plan to upgrade my saltwater for like freakin 1 year but i couldnt pass up such an awsome deal just thought i would share my good fortune with everyone hehe or did i make a huge mistake buying such a huge tank? the biggest sw tank i ever had was 75g

You have a link to the auction? I have been burned more than once on ebay and once for almost 2000.00. (guitar amp).

Remember, any deal that sounds too good to be true, isn't.

No biggie, I sell and buy on ebay daily.... when you get there is it'll either be nice or not... I wouldnt worry too much, but don't pay paypal or anything until you meet them and make sure it's the deal you are hoping it is. Sounds like maybe they need the money or just wanted it gone & hopefully thats the case and you got a super deal!!!! I got a great deal from someone here just because they wanted to regain there space from empty tanks lol MTS you know? :) Keep us posted!

yea i understand he agreed to let me come pick it up saturday and pay in cash he said he got just desided to get out of the hobby and needed the extra cash, you wont hear me complain to the guy lol

OK--just didn't want you to get taken.

Bring back-up though--you'll need a few strong friends.

Are you the guy with (0) things purchased on ebay--the dismash19 guy?

Is that avatar YOU? Neat glasses...

yea thats me thats my wifes account actually and no thats not me lol its supposed to be a computer nerd

Good crab, is that baby (avatar) u when u were little?

Btw. hackteck, great deal you got there. i wish i could find one like that :)

nah thats not me just a picture i found on the internet of a computer nerd, yea i'm getting really excited the possibilies of what type of fish i can keep are gonna be pretty endless so to speak

yea ive been lookin, thats gonna be the most exspensive piece not lookin forward to it,talked to the guy last night on the phone ,he said the tank is setup and running now and wanted to know if i wanted to pay a little extra for the rocks and fish i desided against it i just want to buy it ,clean it out and start from scratch, any idea how much extra lr i will need, my 55g has near 100 lbs so if i transfer the 100 lbs into my 180 how many more lbs of lr will i need and whats a good site for baserock?

lol u know i was just discussing with my wife how i'm i plan on selling it are you in the atlanta area shoot me a private message

Not everyone is a scam.

I buy stuff on eBay all the time and never got burned. Just have to keep on your toes. Im getting a 75 GAL tank from one of the forum people and its not a scam. It was even better up close than the pictures!

You just never know

Back
Top Bottom