Fowl build- Day 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Penguin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Fowlr build- Day 4

Okay guys 4 days into my build and I'm open to any opinions and ideas.

Equipment-
Aqueon Pro 100 watt heater
Fluval LED 7500k
Marineland Biowheel Model 150
Koralia Powerhead 750
Fluval Sea Hydrometer

Whats in it right now?-
30 lbs Caribsea Live Aragonite Sand
15 lbs Live Rock

What I'm getting soon-
API saltwater master kit

Last edited:
Tank

Daylight and night

Attachments

• IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 71
What size tank is it and what do you plan to stock it with?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What size tank is it and what do you plan to stock it with?

It's a 29 gallon and my stocking list-
2x Ocellaris Clowns
1 Starry blenny
1 Watchman goby
5x dwarf blue legged hermit crabs
3x nassarius snails
1x skunk cleaner shrimp

Right now my Ph is 8.0, SG is 1.021, nitrate is 10 ppm, nitrite is 0 ppm, and my ammonia is a little high and i was wondering if i could use freshwater ammonia tabs by tetra?

Ammonia and Nitrites should be zero in a properly cycled tank. Have you read up on how to do that for saltwater and do you understand how that works? You want that ammonia to convert to nitrate eventually, so you do not want to do anything to "stop" that process. You may need more live rock to house the beneficial bacteria. That was my first observation and why I asked how big the tank was. The general rule is to have about a pound per gallon.

Ammonia and Nitrites should be zero in a properly cycled tank. Have you read up on how to do that for saltwater and do you understand how that works? You want that ammonia to convert to nitrate eventually, so you do not want to do anything to "stop" that process. You may need more live rock to house the beneficial bacteria. That was my first observation and why I asked how big the tank was. The general rule is to have about a pound per gallon.

I mean it's been cycling since last friday so im not planning on stocking it anytime soon plus I'm just adding live rock right now and im around 15-20 pounds of live rock and i have 30 pounds of live sand in my tank right now.

What is your ammonia source? How are you cycling the tank?

What is your ammonia source? How are you cycling the tank?

I've been cycling with live rock, live sand, and fluval cycle so I think the ammonia might be coming from the fluval cycle product.

Back
Top Bottom