FOWLR & Macroalgae??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zephyr

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey,
I was hoping to start a saltwater tank, but I'm not sure if I want to try to keep corals in my first saltwater tank ;)

So, I like the look of these macroalgaes, and was curious if anyone knows anything about setting up a tank with just live rock, live sand, macroalgae and fish. Sort of like a FOWLR, but also with macroalgae :D ??????

I suppose the tank may somewhat resemble the various refugiums I've seen.

Anyway, I'd love to hear if anyone has done this, or from anyone who can give me some info :bowl:

Jus

Most Reef tanks start out FOWLR even if you don't want to it has to be FOWLR until the tank is mature enough for a Coral usually 6months to a year later. So you would have plenty of time to decide if you wanna go reef or not. MacroAlgae is a great idea. Most put the macro in a sump because it can take over the main tank and its not too pretty usually, what kind of macro where you thinking?

Putting alot of macro in your tank esp if you use the calerpas can go what they call sexual and turn your water milky white. I grow alot in my refuge but I have to keep the lights on 24/7 to keep this from happening.

Back
Top Bottom