Frag tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ncreefer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have a 28 gal bow front as well as a 29 tall and maybe a 35? Not sure- neways i have a 96w day as well as 2 actinics- and was thinking about starting a small frag tank- i have plenty of filters- was goin to start out with kive sand and a few live rocks and use my old gravel filter as a rack for tge corals to sit on- someone said that lowes or home depot has the white racks with square holes in it- but after 3 searches everyone there is clueless- what is it called and will my ugf work for now? Ne suggestions is appreciated- im on a low budget and maybe in spring can upgrade to mh lights- but for now i want to use what i have- like i said i have plenty if filtration - as well as plenty of pumps for current flow!!!!

It's called eggcrates and can be found in the lighting section (it's actually a light diffusor). You could get some PVC and cut it into legs then decide how high in the tank the frags go. With minimum lighting the legs could be long so that the coral will as close to the light as possible.

Thank you!!!! Ive looked basically everywhere except tge lighting section

yeah they are kept in the box so do some searching there will be a slim box full of them and its a rather large peice I have seen lots of examples of people making different levels of them in teh tank buy just cutting the peice they buy into the right sizes and using zip strips to hold the frame together that way you have legs and everything in one purchase.

Yes- sort of like a stair case for different amounts of light for the diff corals and there needs!! Just fyi- in mebane abd burlington nc lowes does not sell the eggcrates- however the home depot in burlington does! Lowes will tell you that it has to be ordered from a electric supply company amd that it will be about a week

Back
Top Bottom