Frag tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have sort of an idea on how to make it. If anyone has Ideas I would love to hear them. I was thinking of using plastic tubs but was wondering what is reef safe plastic. Please help.

You should be able to use just about any type of plastic container. I've seen them made out of everything from livestock water troughs to kiddie pools.

So I found a DIY 10g frag tank idea bit I was going to modify it a little with water flow any ideas on how to allow water flow in a 10g tank. And I have a 10g tank but my sister had a hampster in it and it got a disease would bleach clessan it and how should I go about cleaning it with bleach.

Personally, if I were to go with a frag tank I would use at least a 20 long tank. With investing in lights it shouldn't be much of cost increase to go up 1 size tank and it will allow you to grow tons more corals than a 10g will.

As for flow, I was planning on using a water pump or canister filter to move water in the tank. You can put the intake at one end of the tank with the outlet at the other so it is constantly moving water across the entire tank. I was also going to use a powerhead or 2 to create higher flow for certain corals.

If it's alive bleach will kill it. I would use a 1 part bleach to 9 parts water dillution to clean the tank. Let it soak for a day or so then rinse it out. As long as there is no bleach smell left it is safe.

I would like to spend the least amount of money as possible would t5 work for a 20g or what should I do about lights.

What lighting would be cheap and grow coral fast

If you want to save money I would suggest a taotronics led. I don't have the link atm so will have to wait until I get home. They are probably $125 or so. The good thing is that you don't have to replace the ridiculously expensive bulbs and they can easily grow sps.

Back
Top Bottom