Fragging/trimming Xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magma

Aquarium Advice Freak
when you want to frag Xenia can you use aqua glue on the stem to glue it on a rock or frag plug? or should you use a tie strap?

I never had any of the usual ways work for me. I would either place a frag tile next to a colony that the colony would quickly attach to, at which point I simply removed or moved the tile. The other thing I did was to remove the Xenia and place it in the lower flow fuge for it to attach to rock rubble.

You can also use bridal veil to hold it against some rock rubble or whatever you want it to attach to.

Why would you want to?

I am thankful that my tank is now Xenia free <g>,

wife wants it for her tank, she loves it, I told her it grows like a weed and is hard to remove but whatever she wants it..

Go with white pompom Xenia (aka pink Xenia) not the regular. It is not quite as virulent, stays shorter (not long stalks that flop around), and almost never stops pumping.

Getting a frag of a local reefer today he says is pink xenia so hope so.

The wife likes the corals that flow with the water so her tank is all softies.

No matter what you try to attach it two, next week it will be climbing up the rock. I just wedge them in.

Back
Top Bottom