Free 55 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatterz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright, got this for.......free. The top plastic was broken and the sealant stuff seemed a little missing here and there. Anyways, filled her up and no leaks. However the plastic rim is cracked in the middle and there is a slight bulge to the tank. Is it bulging because the plastic is broke? Or is this tank history.

Attachments

• image-527340873.jpg
    image-527340873.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 82
It's bulging because the plastic is broken. You should be able to get a replacement, either online or from your LFS

I've recently discovered new interest in rimless. Is that an option here or are those specially designed?

Those rimless tank are special tanks. I had a used 55 that the top frame cracked on test fill . It also started leaking after having it filled outside for 2 days. You would probably have to reseal the whole tank put the new frame on.

My used tank the center brace had melted because of MH lighting. It was repaired before I got it with 2 pieces of plexi that was held in place with nylon bolts. It is very strong but a pain to have to clean in that middle area, You can get another rim at the LFS which I should have done.

Back
Top Bottom