Fresh water to salt water, what to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pjos11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok guys I need your advise I want to have a salt water tank as well as my 350litre fresh water one.
The thing is I dont know what to put in it apart from some nice fish. :D I have read up on LR this seems like a good idea. Can I put coral in among the rock? What equipment would you recommend? I want to do this correctly the first time as I have a habit of buying without thinking and then living to reget it.
The tank I have been looking to buy is a 260litre one.

I have read up on LR this seems like a good idea. Can I put coral in among the rock?

Yes, LR and sand are very important to the health of your tank and critters. I don't know too much about corals, but they do grown on LR and can be purchased on small pieces if LR, or you can attach them yourself.

First, you will have to decide if you want a reef or FOWLR tank. Then we can give you a better idea of what equipment you will need.

Live sand, LR and a skimmer to start with. A refugium or sump would be a great help also.

Back
Top Bottom