Well, what is you situaltion? Dips are a nice tool sometimes, but are generally not a "cure"" for parasites. They do give some relief however, but if you fish are suffering from a parasitic infestation, then a solid treatment is needed.
The dip itself needs to be temp and PH
adjusted to match the tank they are coming out of. That is the major problem with dip mortalities.
, if you have a parasitic outbreak, hyposalinity or Cupramine is the best way to treat. All fish need to be removed from the main and treated in a qt
The main tank need to be void of fish (hosts) for a period of at least 6 weeks to allow the parasite to go through its life cycle and die off.