Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-28-2006, 01:30 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to push350z
Just tested my tap water nitrate level again, 0 ppm nitrate, so whatever is there is a result of the bio-spira/cycling. I'll wait a day or two and take more readings as the water clears, then the ultimate test. Dropping in my poop machine pleco and then monitor again.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:41 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
Sounds like you are cycled. Give it a couple days and test again. If the results are still good, then if you add more fish, do it slowly as recommended above. Don't rush anything.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:42 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I think the bio spira worked and you are cycled. Go slow with new additions.
I'll second that if it helps....looks good to me too.

Just remeber new fish mean more bacteria will need to develope to handle the new bioload...thats the reason for taking it slow....especially in the beginning.

Looks good...keep us posted.

90g SW FOWLR
50g tall fw planted at .6wpg
29g fw planted at 1.2 wpg
10g fw planted at 3 wpg cf
SCFatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:42 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I'd agree that it looks like your cycled - congrats ! Since you used bio-spira you almost want a higher bioload right now since you have a good bacteria colony built up. if you want too long the bacteria you have will die back to a level of your current bioload. Go add the poop machine and retest a couple of times over the next few days to make sure the bacterial colony is keeping up

dont worry about the cloudiness - thats the good bacteria looking for a home. it'll settle in your substrate and filter in a couple of days
Old 07-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to push350z
Let it rest over night, woke up to a nearly crystal clear tank and unfortunately a dead cory I think the cory that died was the one who got stuck inside the waterfall and took quite a beating, and i would imagine a great deal of stress from being in there and getting him out. I re-ran the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate tests same as they have been 0,0,5 so time to grab the poop machine and acclimate him and get him in there to increase the bio-load.

Edit: wen't to add the pleco into the big aqarium and noticed he has ich, he is back in the other tank undergoing treatment

Tags
freshwater, sting, testing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com