freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our first salt water fish. Tested the water and we were 0, 0, 5, salinity 1.023.

Attachments

• image-1287016304.jpg
    image-1287016304.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3685260045.jpg
    image-3685260045.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 75
One more for good measure

Attachments

• image-2395764448.jpg
    image-2395764448.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1081511966.jpg
    image-1081511966.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 78
  • image-4153453689.jpg
    image-4153453689.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 93
Is it saying their stings burn? And I believe the banghai has to be in small groups

ha maybe i should just stick my hand in the glass and see if i get stung.

its a 75 gallon tank i can do a small school of them if they dont get too big. also this little guy had been sitting in the tank at the lfs by himself for a while. at least in our home we can give him more breathing room.

coffeetwitch said:
forgive my ignorance but what is a cuc? and are they reef safe for when we get that far?

Cuc is clean up crew. They eat leftover foods and if something dies, they will take care of it. And yes they are reef safe.

Its a bristle worm they are ok, careful the bristles hurt and cause some swelling, they love to hang out under rocks and places where you might put your fingers. I have seen some in my tank that are bigger than nightcrawlers. These are why I wear rubber gloves when moving my rock. if you do get some in your hand you can soak your hand in vinager to get them out. They are little calcium barbs like cactus needles. The acid in the vinager will disolve them.

cool thanks guys for the quick replies and identification.

update on the tank is i tweaked a rock again, i like it alot better now.
we bought a current nova extreme t5ho 2x54watt bulb light fixture off craigslist today with two new acetic bulbs. i guess the going plan is that we are just going to buy a few 2 bulb fixtures cheap as we can find them and do our lighting system that way instead of 1 big fixture.

Also whats the best food for this cardinal? Were hoping to get more fish tonight. Is there an all around food that everyone can share, or are we looking at getting a couple different kinds of food?

It's best to get a few different kind of foods to liven up their diet. I rotate between flakes, pellets and a myriad of frozen food cubes.

I believe the cardinals are carnivores so anything like brine shrimp, or mysis shrimp should do the trick. :)

Back
Top Bottom