Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #1741
Aquarium Advice Addict

A thought just occurred to me. Not sure but, I suspect that with that large of an overflow, it will not run anywhere near full and therefore may be noisy.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #1742
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99 View Post
No I haven't seen your bike would would love to. I have always wanted to restore a 69 Z28. That was my dream car when I was in High School. LOL After finding out my wife was expecting our third child 14 years ago, I decided I needed to build a couple rooms in our basement. While doing that, I found I loved it. From there I did tons of home improvement project. About 5 years ago, I decided to try furniture. I always start by drawing up my own plans in AutoCAD then try to build it. Then I look at how close I came to plans I could have gotten on line. LOL
i just wing it. i try to draw on paper but thats just to get the idea out of my head to give me a rough idea if it could look ok. im forgetful so then it just turns into a notes page. tell you how bad it is. i sometimes right down the same numbers a couple different times for math and then i see that ive already done it "oh that what those numbers where for" inevitably gets said out loud.

heres the bike.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #1743
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice bike. Has a WWII Army Bike look to it.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #1744
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
A thought just occurred to me. Not sure but, I suspect that with that large of an overflow, it will not run anywhere near full and therefore may be noisy.

i heard they get noisy at full capacity. i couldnt hear much over the bathtub.

and i dont know about full cap. i still havent seen set in stone numbers from anyone about all pvc overflows. they said 600gph from a 1" but i proved that wrong.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #1745
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Nice bike. Has a WWII Army Bike look to it.
yeah it just grew into that. it was an 81 yamaha virago.

built it 1 weekend at a time so i could still ride it to and from work during the week. took almost all summer to do that.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #1746
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99
twitch..... is your real name Tim Taylor by chance. LOL
I don't think he's Al.LOL
Old 09-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #1747
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef

I don't think he's Al.LOL
I used to grow my beard and wear a flannel shirt with a note pinned to the pocket that said "I don't think so Tim" for Halloween. As soon as anyone saw me it was the same thing. "hey there's Al". Not sure if that is a good thing or not. LOL
Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #1748
Aquarium Advice Addict

got the last pieces glued. may have to shim it once its on the tank though. the arch of the p trap i used sits differently than the t and 90 that i used to let hang .

when i got done with the testing i did a little clean up but left the overflow in the bucket cocked pretty well. when i went back to get it just now some 3 hours latter? , just for giggles i turned the water back on and it started siphoning again.

just need to get some paint now. still need to determine if i should use one overflow or two. if i should t off the pump or y off at the supply. any input would be appreciated.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #1749
Aquarium Advice Addict

One overflow should be fine...
Old 09-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #1750
Aquarium Advice Addict

|fuge|pump|skimmer|

thats how my sump is set up. how should i get water to the skimmer and the fuge?

or

redo the sump for more of a linear flow from skimmer to fuge to sump instead?

Tags
5 gallon, 75 gallon, freshwater, reef, salt, saltwater, saltwater reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com